Thursday, September 29, 2011

Life on board

We have lived on Sovereign for almost three years now. My sister-in-law suggested that some people may have an interest in how we live on a 33’ sailboat and manage the daily business of survival. What has become the norm for us is so radically different from our former lifestyle that I imagine it might seem interesting to others. Dishwashing, bathing, laundry, cooking, working, and grocery shopping are some of the normal things that people do without much thought. For decades, I had a dishwasher, electric or gas stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, full bath with tub, washing machine and dryer, a car that I drove to work each day, and easy access to a grocery store. That has all changed. I am a technical writer and I wish I had the flare that my brother or husband have in creative writing. Please bear with me as I give you insight into what it is like to live in our new reality. I will write a bit each day on the small, but significant changes that we have made over the last three years.

2 comments: